Prior to any procedure, Dr. William H. Johnson, MD recommends that patients adhere to standard pre-op guidelines to allow for patient safety and maximum post-op results:
- Eat a healthy diet rich in nutrients
- DO NOT smoke in the days surrounding the procedure
- DO NOT aspirin and NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, Naproxen) for 2 days prior to a venous procedure to minimize bruising and bleeding
- Provide the doctor with a list of any medications that are taken regularly
- If taking prescription blood thinners, please consult your prescribing physician for instructions on discontinuing prior to treatment
- Avoid lotions the day of procedure
- Please let us know if you find that you are anxious/nervous about the procedure, as a prescription for Xanax can be called to your nearest pharmacy
Day of Procedure
- Drink plenty of water on the day of the procedure. Well hydrated veins are easier to access.
- Wear loose clothing and comfortable shoes as we ask that you arrive 30 minutes prior to your appointment time to begin walking.
- Patients must have a friend or relative drive them to and from the procedure.
At Johns Creek Surgery Center, PC, Dr. William H. Johnson, MD and his staff are devoted to offering the best quality vein treatment in a tranquil, relaxed, comfortable and professional setting. As well, the Vein Center at Johns Creek provides various options to fit your needs such as sclerotherapy and ambulatory phlebectomy. If you have any questions or concerns about leg vein problems like varicose veins or spider veins, feel free to make an appointment or contact the staff. They also serve the surrounding areas like Duluth, Lilburn, Alpharetta, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Doraville, Roswell, Sugar Hill, Buford, and Duluth.
The information on this web page is not meant to take the place of professional medical advice. Be sure to make an appointment with Dr. Johnson or a specialist if you have any concerns.